Pages - Menu

Monday, October 14, 2013

This Man Fought Off Black Bear Attack By Grabbing Its Tongue

A man who survived a bear attack was in no mood to let the bear talk its way out of the situation. Gilles Cyr of New Brunswick, Canada said a black bear came charging out of the woods towards him, CBC reported.

Cyr was on his woodlot in Grands Falls when the bear attacked. In a moment of furry, Cyr's instinct took over, and he grabbed the bear's tongue.

“When I opened up my eyes it was on top of me – with the friggin’ noise, it’s crazy the way it growls," Cyr said. "Right from the stomach. It’s not from the mouth, it’s just inside. His mouth was wide open right in front of my face so the last thing I remember I had his tongue in my hand and I didn’t want to let go because he was trying to fight me off. So he was hitting me with his claws, so I says, ‘If you’re going to hurt me, I’m going to hurt you too.’ So he was biting his tongue at the same time,” said Cyr.

Cyr suffered minor injuries, including scratches on his stomach and a bite mark on his knee. The man escaped behind a tree and the bear eventually lost interest and walked away, according to Canada.com.

The survivor also got permission from a warden to track down the animal and kill it. Ontario's black bear population has grown from 12,000 to 17,000 in eight years, due in part to a drop in hunting the population.

Though black bears aren't normally aggressive, encountering an aggressive bear can be incredibly dangerous. In August, 12-year-old Michigan girl Abigail Wetherell successfully fought off a black bear that began to maul her. Abigail eventually played dead and the bear lost interest. - Huffington Post

>> Let your fun begin! This broadband gives you a whopping 15GB all-time quota.
>> What happens when a phone gets married to a tablet? The anwer is..


LIKE us on Facebook too:-