Pages - Menu

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

(PICS INSIDE) Real-life superhero Captain Manchester helps stricken motorists by paying parking fines

A REAL-life superhero dubbed Captain Manchester is coming to the aid of stricken motorists by paying parking fines for them.

The good samaritan, who wears a homemade black and red outfit with a mask, is spreading good deeds in Greater Manchester and posts updates of his adventures on Twitter. The unknown man, who said his girlfriend is unaware of his antics, is on a mission to make life better for others after losing his job a few months ago. 

He has also been helping ladies carry their shopping, handing out umbrellas while it was raining to shoppers and aiding people moving furniture. He said: "I got made redundant a little while ago and it started as something to do to fill the time while I look for a new job.

"I've always been a fan of comics and I thought it would be a nice idea to help a few people out while I have time on my hands. 

"I told my two best friends what I was doing and they were very supportive but my girlfriend has no idea, she'd kill me."

Captain Manchester, who has over 3,000 followers on Twitter, leaves a business card at the scene of his good deeds. He added that he also has no problem picking litter from the streets to make his area more cleaner.

He said: "People's reactions vary. Some laugh, some look confused; but I've received a lot of tweets telling me they've done good deeds because of me. It's nice to see people being nice to each other. 

"I'm not sure how long Captain Manchester will carry on but I will always enjoy helping people out. My message to anyone inspired by Captain Manchester is - help someone out today." Residents have greeted news of Captain Manchester's heroics with plenty of admiration.

Shaun McGrath said: "Makes a refreshing change from spewing your guts up, after downing ten pints on a booze-fuelled night out, and then picking a fight with a total stranger." 

While social networking user Geronimo added: "Nice to know the chap is doing something positive like helping people to carry furniture into their homes instead of carrying stuff out of it like some others in his position would do."