Pages - Menu

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Bride shaves off hair on wedding day to raise money for cancer charity


Most brides fret over their hair – but Roxy Greaves had hers shaved off during her big day. The 31-year-old told husband Mick Falla, 30, to get the clippers out in front of guests to raise cash for Cancer Research.

‘I was certain it should be on a memorable day,’ the Yorkshire mother-of-two said. But her husband only agreed to the head shave so long as she kept her hair on during the vows.

‘Mick said he prefers me with long hair, but I’m beautiful in his eyes and I can do whatever I like,’ she added.

‘I always wanted to shave my head for Cancer Research since I was 16.

‘I thought about it for a long time, but earlier this year I said “that’s it – I’m doing it on my wedding day”.

The newlyweds from Swallownest in Yorkshire have both been affected by cancer after losing relatives to the disease. Roxy has raised almost £1,300 on her justgiving page. - Metro UK


LIKE us on Facebook too:-